Christine is a communications professional with long-standing roots in the Sacramento community. She has two decades of experience spanning radio, television, newspaper, start-up ventures, nonprofit organizations, private industry and public agencies.
Since 2008, Christine has contributed to the success of some of Sacramento’s top agencies, local companies and nonprofit organizations by providing freelance communications services. Prior to that, she held top jobs with The Sacramento Bee, Sacramento Metro Chamber, San Jose-based start up venture Sevant.com, the Downtown Sacramento Partnership and a host of local public relations agencies.
Christine started working with Valley Vision in 2011 when she took the lead role managing Next Economy, the Sacramento Region’s $5.3 billion jobs initiative that is charting a new path towards a more robust, diversified and sustainable economy. In summer 2014, she transitioned to support Valley Vision's communications needs, now providing strategy advice inside and outside the organization to build Valley Vision’s influence and reputation.
Christine grew up in the San Francisco Peninsula and moved to Sacramento in the early 90s. She graduated with a BA in Communications Studies from Sacramento State and chose to launch her life and career here.
In all that time, Christine has been an avid champion for the region’s growth and prosperity. In 2015 she was featured in the “Made at Sac State” campaign with her husband Michael for their leadership and contributions to making Sacramento a better place live, work and raise a family, and in 2016 the University’s Alumni Awards recognized the couple with a distinguished service award.
Some examples of Christine’s leadership roles include:
- Project Manager and Communications Leader for Next Economy, the six-county Capital Region’s jobs and investment agenda
- Member of the core organizing team behind the Sacramento Region Brandathon
- Chair of the Sacramento Metro Chamber’s Study Mission to Philadelphia in 2013 and lead counsel for the 2015 Chicago Study Mission
- Lead designer and planner of the new Collaborative Conference called Region Rising that debuted Nov 2015
- Advisor to the Metro EDGE leadership council and 2015 Bridge Awards recipient
- Director of the Leadership Sacramento program from 2002-2008