A clean environment is the cornerstone of livability. For public and private entities, that means implementing environmentally sustainable practices. Valley Vision has a strong legacy of work in the Clean Economy – the sector of the economy that produces or supports goods and services that provide an environmental benefit.
Valley Vision has defined the route to get there:
- Identify clean technologies that exceed climate goals
- Promote compact, mixed-use development
- Assess investment strategies for a clean economy
- Improve air quality and economic growth
- Support greenhouse gas reduction
Our objective is to reduce carbon emissions through multiple regional strategies, meeting or exceeding state greenhouse gas emission reduction goals to adapt to climate change.
Our Metric: The capital region will reduce carbon emissions 7% below 2005 levels by 2020 and 16% below 2005 levels by 2035.
- Establish increased awareness and shared commitment of air quality issues and grow the network of clean air stakeholders, including public and private entities.
- Increase Climate Action Plan implementation activities in San Joaquin and Stanislaus counties.
- Increase the region’s standing in clean innovation activities through supporting and promoting clean technologies.
By working to preserve natural systems, establish environmental sustainability, and actively clean the environment, the region’s residents benefit by improved health and a higher quality of life.