Valley Vision’s forward thinking mind set helps fuel our innovation and entrepreneur-led economic activity. Valley Vision’s work in this space is focused on opportunity, paving the way for new startups to get going, innovation companies growing, and a workforce versed in 21st century skills ready for onboarding.
Valley Vision has defined the route to get there:
- Identify and promote emerging industries
- Strengthen the region’s capacity to innovate
- Improve participation from underserved communities
- Support new company creation
- Tell the region’s innovation story
Our objective is to diversify the regional economy with a growing number and mix of entrepreneur-led companies.
Our Metric: Increase the number of startups per 1,000 firm-population (“startup density”) and the rate of startup growth in employment over five years, demonstrating both startup volume and lasting impact.
- Actively support and advance the innovation and entrepreneurship sector.
- Implement one or more regional impact investing funds, bringing additional capital sources to the economy.
- Bring greater coherence to the entrepreneurship support system through engagement and increased alignment.
Entrepreneurship is a key indicator of economic vitality and for attracting and retaining talent in the region. Valley Vision actively supports access to entrepreneurial skills – for underserved groups in particular. Helping support this sector will not only grow opportunities for entrepreneurship, but also ensure regional vibrancy for all residents.