A more livable region happens when residents talk and walk together to solve problems. That’s why Valley Vision’s commitment to broad participation is at the heart of its fundamental values. Diversity of thought allows for a comprehensive understanding of views and opportunities, and is necessary to build the consensus needed to make change happen.
Valley Vision has defined the route to get there:
- Identify and grow leadership networks
- Promote community engagement
- Report on factors that drive our quality of life
- Improve cross-sector collaboration
- Support regional stewardship
Our objective is to increase the level of civic engagement on important social issues affecting the region.
- Increase civic dialogue and insight for decision-makers through opinion polling and other activities.
- Increase authentic public engagement, showcase accomplishments and demonstrate regional advancement through unique regional Valley Vision events.
- Work statewide to learn and demonstrate best practices in regional stewardship and increase leadership capacity of emerging leaders through California Stewardship Network.
Valley Vision is working to create an active space for public dialogue, as well as a venue for leaders to come together to address pressing problems. Both of these actions lend to a healthy region with mechanisms for addressing the problems that most impact residents’ quality of life and regional growth.