Adrian joined Valley Vision in 2014 as an intern and – demonstrating a wide range of talents and enthusiasm – quickly rose through the organization. Today he manages the Cleaner Air Partnership – advancing initiatives to protect health and promote economic growth – and contributes to projects in the Food and Agriculture Economy strategy. Adrian also manages Valley Vision’s newsletters and social media, and serves as the organization’s in-house graphic designer.
Before joining Valley Vision, Adrian worked on various political campaigns, completed a marketing fellowship with Net Impact, taught American government classes to high school students in Poland, and authored a popular online socioeconomics column. Adrian’s commitment and passion for his community is evident by his involvement with local organizations and causes:
- Oak Park Neighborhood Association, board member (2018)
- Global Shapers – Sacramento Hub, member (2017)
- Sacramento City Management Academy, graduate (2017)
- Oak Park Sol, neighborhood leadership team (2017)
- KUTZ FM Freeform Radio, DJ (2017)
- Sacramento Food Policy Council, CalFresh @ Farmers Markets Campaign, committee member (2017)
- Harvest Sacramento, harvest leader (2016)
Adrian grew up in the rural Mendocino County redwoods and moved to Southern Oregon as a teenager. Growing up on ten acres of dense foliage honed his brush clearing and wood chopping skills. He also enjoys painting, backpacking in the Sierras, filmmaking, 1980s horror movies, road tripping in his minivan, cooking/eating, hoppy beer, multi-day music festivals, and talking to strangers.
Fueled by an unconventional upbringing in the quirky ‘State of Jefferson’, Adrian departed the Pacific Northwest for UC Davis where he obtained his B.A. degree in political science/history in a mere three years, graduating in 2012. Today, Adrian lives in Oak Park.