Meg joined Valley Vision as a consultant in 2014 before stepping into the role of managing director in 2016. She directs two of the organization’s key strategies—the Clean Economy and Innovation & Entrepreneurship initiatives—and is part of the organization’s executive leadership team.
Meg’s career in the Sacramento region began in 2001 and includes roles supporting startup companies emerging from research labs at UC Davis, strategic counsel to Drexel University when it opened a campus in Sacramento in 2008, and five years as CEO of SARTA, the Sacramento Regional Technology Alliance.
While at SARTA, Meg was instrumental in the organization’s expansion of support for regional technology companies, including founding the MedStart and AgStart programs. She helped drive significant growth in awareness of the importance of technology companies in the region’s economy, leading SARTA to be one of four founding organizations behind the creation of the Next Economy regional jobs growth plan. Prior to moving to Sacramento in 2001, Meg worked in multinational lending and in strategy and business development in the telecommunications industry in Toronto, New York, and London.
Meg is frequently invited to speak on topics of innovation, entrepreneurship, and their contributions to economic development, and her expertise and influence has been broadly recognized with numerous accolades and leadership positions:
- Capital Region Executive Leadership Mission, team lead (2017)
- Comstock’s Magazine editorial board, co-chair (board member since 2013; co-chair 2017)
- American Leadership Forum board member (since 2014)
- Senior Fellow, American Leadership Forum – Mountain Valley Chapter, Class XVII, (2013-2014)
- Woman Who Mean Business Award, Sacramento Business Journal (2013)
- Metro Chamber Study Mission, leadership (2011 – 2013)
- Economic Development Leader of the Year, Valley Vision (2011)
- Metro Chamber’s Cap-to-Cap, leadership (2010-2013)
Meg lives in Davis with her husband and their blended family of four teenagers between 14 and 18 years old. She dedicates her summer vacations to visits to the family cottage in Ontario, Canada, and hopes to someday sail from San Francisco Bay to the coast of Maine.