California is investing in the Strong Workforce Program to help fill the growing demand for “middle-skill” positions that require more than a high school diploma, but not necessarily a 4-year college degree. One million more associate degrees, certificates, or industry-valued credentials will be needed by 2025 to meet projected demand.
The objective of the Strong Workforce Program is to offer more Career Education (CE) opportunities, and to improve the outcomes of CE programs for both students and employers. Connecting the needs of students, educators and employers are critical to building a strong regional workforce and a competitive economy, while providing opportunity for workers to gain skills and income mobility.
With these objectives in mind, the Los Rios Community College District, in partnership with Valley Vision, and in collaboration with Sierra College and the Yuba Community College District, is investing a portion of its Strong Workforce allocation to explore the formation of Regional CE Advisory Committees. The objectives of Regional Advisory Committees are to provide timely information from employers on workforce needs; improve the efficiency of the CE advisory process for educators and employers; and to broaden opportunities for more systemic engagement across the region.
November 2019 – Fall Meeting
- Fall 2019 ICT Proceedings Report
- Fall 2019 Agenda
- Fall 2019 Participant List
- PowerPoint Presentations
April 2019 – Spring Meeting
- Spring 2019 ICT Proceedings Report
- Spring 2019 Agenda
- Spring 2019 Participant List
- ICT-Enabled Public Sector & Community Innovation Presentation
- Industry & Innovation: Pinpoint Aerial Solutions Presentation
- Education & Innovation: Keeping Pace with Change? Presentation
November 2018- Fall Meeting
- Fall 2018 ICT Proceedings Report ( Agenda, Meeting Notes, Attendee List)
- Fall 2018 Curriculum Reviews Completed Forms (All)
- Fall 2018 ICT Meeting Presentation
- Fall 2018 ACR Presentation-CareerEngage – For Schools
April 2018 – Spring Meeting
November 2017 – Fall Meeting